About Our Hot Lunch Program
The Hot Lunch Program will be available to the French Immersion, REAL and Parkland Student Athlete Academy students.
Hot lunch orders are prepaid and are not available for purchase on hot lunch days.
Some of our vendors this year will include Bite to Eat, Sam’s 2 for 1, Subway, and Boston Pizza. We will do our best to offer a variety of hot lunch options throughout the year, including working with Canadian Parents for French (CPF) to offer Booster Juice smoothies again in Round 2 or 3.
If you feel that the amount of food is not sufficient for your child, please subsidize their lunch with additional items or order them more than one meal/drink.
As hot lunches are prepared off-site, we are unable to control for food allergies. If you have any concerns, please contact one of the hot lunch coordinators. We can try to accommodate for food allergies, but it is the responsibility of the parent to contact the vendor to discuss any available options (i.e. gluten free / dairy free). If you are satisfied with the vendor's suggested substitution option, contact a hot lunch coordinator to place a special order.
We will once again be using HotLunches.net for our Hot Lunch Program. However, in accordance with Canadian Privacy Protection Laws, all student and parent information in the system must be deleted at the end of each school year. Therefore all parents must go online, set up your user id for this year and register your child(ren) again. We apologize for this inconvenience but we must comply with the legislation.For those parents that opted to carry their credit over from last year, please make sure you re-register with the same email and phone number.
The due date for orders and payment in Round 1 is Wednesday, October 13.
The first day for Hot Lunch is Friday, October 23.
Please note that once ordering for a Round has closed, you will no longer be able to place an order, and must wait for the next Round.
You need to be registered to be notified of future hot lunch menus and dates. You will receive an email notification when new menu items are ready to be ordered. There will NOT be any more letters/paper orders sent home. If you have any concerns about this, please contact one of the hot lunch coordinators.
How to Register / Place an Online Order
- Go to https://broxton.hotlunches.net
- On the home page find the Click Here to Register tab to register yourself, the parent, for the program. Enter the access code BPHL (all caps) on this registration page. Once registered, you do not have to complete this step again.
- On the Welcome page click on the Students tab located at the bottom of the page.
- Add your child(ren) on the Student Administration page by clicking the Add New tab at the bottom of the page.
- On the Insert a New Entry page, put your child’s first and last name in the required spaces and locate their class when you click on the drop down arrow next to the class tab. The next page will confirm that your child’s record has been inserted.
- Under your child’s name you will see Round One Hot Lunch 2020/2021. Located on the same line is the Order tab. Click this tab to see this round’s order.
- Place your desired order quantity beside both your menu item selection and drink selection.
- Click the Submit Order tab.
- Proceed to payment. All orders must be paid for by credit card via the online Bambora system.
- Log Off.
As always, we will need parent volunteers to help the Hot Lunch Program run smoothly. Unfortunately, younger children will not be allowed in the kitchen this year due to COVID protocols.
Thank you in advance to our wonderful parent volunteers!
For more information contact:
Ashley Harms & Trudy Eyre
Hot Lunch Coordinators